Sunday, January 15, 2006

pop my eyes?

We went to Cuyamaca today and went on a little hike at Green Valley Falls with the kids. They had fun running around in circles close to the river. With every circle Corey and I nearly jumped out of our skin thinking they would slip into the rushing ice cold river and end up with hypothermia or a broken bone. They never fell in. On our hike we found acorns and holes in the ground. They wondered what types of animals lived inside the ground and decided that it had to be mice, not squirrels, rabbits or snakes.

We stopped at another campgroup area to see the snow that had fallen the night before. The kids and Corey had fun making snowballs with the little slushy snow on the ground and throwing them at Corey and I. Noah slept through the entire snowball fight in the car. When their littel fingers got too cold we got into the car and headed home...it was getting late.

While driving home the kids watched Finding Nemo on our little portable player. As we were driving down the mountain Ben said that he couldn't hear the movie. I tried to turn it up but the volume was already at it's highest. I figured the elevation loss was the problem and he needed to equalize his ears. I told him to try to yawn or chew. He looked at me with such innocence and said "to pop my eyes?"

No comments: