Monday, May 23, 2016

Fruit roll-ups...

I finally got around to making fruit roll-ups! My family and I are so excited about this it's ridiculous. I mean ridiculous that we are so excited about these fruit leathers. AND it was so easy that I am kicking myself for not jumping in before now. AND they are so good, I'll probably have to make more by the end of the week I am that sure that they won't last.

Here's what I did to make Strawberry-Orange fruit leather/roll-ups...and I did double this recipe for all the Monkeys in this house LOVE fruit leather.
3 cups of Organic Strawberries
2 Tbsp Homegrown Orange juice
2 Tbsp Local Honey
Blend in a blender until smoothie-like and pour onto a prepared cookie sheet. I prepared my sheet using parchment paper. Put in 180ºF oven for 5-6 hours.  When they are dehydrated, take from the oven and cut into strips and roll up.

The house smells divine during those 5-6 hours and it is so hard to stop looking into the oven to see your work. Next time I make these I'm definitely getting creative with fruit flavors. The sky is the limit!

Have fun creating and enjoy!!
Poured our and in the oven!




Dehydrated!



Cut into strips and start rolling!


All rolled out, these will be devoured by the middle of the week!


No comments: