Sunday, August 27, 2006

School...for two?

We are thinking that Ben is ready for school...or at least some sort of school. We decided against preschool if you read our previous posts about it. So our thoughts are going towards a gymnastics class because he LOVES to climb and run and jump. So if he gets some guidance with what he is already doing perhaps he can get further and have more fun with a class. He'd also be with kids his age and that would be good since we don't know many people with kids his age. Another thing he might enjoy would be an art class or music. We just dabble in it at home and aren't very good at it. His mind is a sponge and he loves to learn new information about everything.

So then my thoughts go to Hannah. She is ready to do something more structured too...at least I think she is. Some days I don't think she could do it by herself but on other days she is so independent and ready. I'd love to have her go to a gymnastics or dance class. She says she wants to go but I'm hesitant on whether she'd be OK with me leaving her to be alone in the class (I hope I could watch if she needed me to be nearby).

This would give me a bit of a break during the day, even if I had to stay outside the door and wait.

The key is to find a place for all of this to happen around the same times and days. I don't think I would want to be travelling all over the county for my 3 and 4 year old all week!!

No comments: