Tuesday, August 08, 2006

See you ...

...in 10 days! We're off to Lundy Lake again! Our annual trip (although last year I missed blogging the trip) here is the year before. The kids can not wait to go. They have been asking for months now and now that it is so close they are bouncing off the walls. We are barely getting the packing done. At least they helped get their things together! That helped a bit with my sanity. Everything else? Well... I know that we will pass many stores if we do forget something, so I'm not worried about that.

I gave them some presents today. I had picked up fishing tackle boxes for them at Target and loaded them up with fishing supplies (bobbers, weights, stringers...and some other stuff) They LOVED it! Ben didn't want to put it in the box, he wanted it out so that he could see it. They have their fishing poles and their vests all ready to go too. So cute...I'll have to get pictures of them all geared up to share here.

We will be staying in a cabin at Lundy this year so we are camping in style. We are going camping though for a couple of days before we get to the cabin. A couple of days of sleeping on the ground with bears sniffing at our feet, squirrels munching on the crumbs that our kids will leave behind, and the blue jays squawking at dawn...sounds like an adventure!

See you when we get back!

No comments: