Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lima beans...

We have a nice sized teepee trellis growing lima beans. I built it last year with some bamboo and the beans have been growing since! We have eaten them raw and steamed them, they were sweet and don't taste anything like the ones in the store.

I let a bunch of them dry out on the vine and recruited my littlest helper to shuck them. She did an awesome job! We picked them all off the vines and I spotted new ones growing. I suspect that we will have lima beans to eat in a few weeks. I didn't think that beans were supposed to grow in the same spot in succession but I guess I was wrong! I just never got around to pulling them out and planting something else! Anyway, Rebekah is such a wonderful helper, we shucked them all and got 2 1/2 pounds of beans! Nice :)

No comments: