Thursday, January 22, 2015

Bread...

Just about every day I make a loaf of bread for our family. Most of the time I make it in my handy dandy bread machine. I add ingredients to the pan, put the pan in the machine, push the "go" button and in 3 hours and 18 minutes we have a fresh loaf of bread. Super, super easy! I got a new Pullman loaf pan for Christmas and have made bread in there as well, it's the 'old fashioned way' kneading the dough and baking it in the oven. I love that way too but I'm still in the experimental stages to find the right dough recipe for the type of bread we like.


Some of our favorite bread are buttermilk, oat bread, light whole wheat, milk and a farmhouse loaf. This one is a buttermilk loaf. 


Making bread is definitely fun and different! I made a commitment to my family to provide food items where I knew what was in our food last year and I have only bought about 5 loaves of bread in the last year, and that was only because I was ill or because we were having a crazy busy week and I couldn't fit it in. We store our bread on the counter in homemade bags like this one -no plastic! More on those bags and how to make them coming up soon!



No comments: