Saturday, January 31, 2015

Busy days...

With four children, 3 taking classes outside the home a few days of the week, hubby working outside of the home and a house full of animals, piles of laundry, many extracurricular activities, we have our hands full. Many days I find that I don't have time to cook. For days that are on the run like that I have our freezer full of goodies to help us through the week until I can cook. We can reach in grab something, thaw it and go. One of our quick meals are mini omelettes! Everyone loves them, especially in an english muffin.

I do this in the oven, preheat to 350ยบ and I scramble about 18 eggs from our hens in a bowl and put it aside. I chop up anything I'm going to add to them like ham, greens, cheese, bell peppers, garlic... I spray the muffin tin with olive oil spray so they don't stick. I add the chopped up extras on the bottom of the just-sprayed tins. I make all of ours different, some just cheese, some meat and cheese, some meat cheese and greens... Then I pour the scrambled eggs into the muffin tins about 3/4 of the way up. Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes (yes! that quick!) and they are done. I pop them out onto a cooling rack and let them cool. I put them on parchment paper on a cookie tray (not touching so they don't stick to each other) and freeze them for a few hours. When they are good and frozen I take them and put them in a freezer container that we can access throughout the week. They take about 20 seconds to thaw in the microwave but you can always think ahead and take it out the night before to that in the fridge.

Super easy!

These just came out of the oven, the house smells delicious. These have collard greens from the garden (I boiled them for about 6 minutes before using them-to soften them up), ham and cheese. Each is different for the different likes of the members of my family.


Thanks for stopping by!
Jen

No comments: