Saturday, May 20, 2006

Fruit...

It's funny how kids are. Often times when we are at a playgroup and someone has a snack that they don't mind sharing, Ben and Hannah will get to try it if we haven't had it before (or they don't want to try it from me). They will take it eat it and like it so much that they want some at home. For example Hannah would not eat carrots. Ever. And one day a friend at playgroup brought carrot sticks and shared and now she loves to eat carrot sticks! So I have been trying to get the kids to eat grapes for the last few years and neither one would try them out. I mean what a refreshing snack to have on a hot day! And they don't believe me when I tell them that they are plump raisins.

Tonight we were at my parents house for a triple college graduation party (Congrats Chris, Heather and Jacqueline!) and they had grapes and berries out to eat. My niece (Marissa) would come down and grab a full plate of fruit and take it upstairs to where they were playing. I followed her upstairs to check on the kids and ... get ready ... they were eating a huge plate of grapes! I try not to make a big deal out of these new discoveries so I just mentioned how huge their plate of yummy grapes was and left. They were so excited that I didn't take it away.

No comments: