Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day sweetness...

Today was Mother's Day. The kids are getting so good at keeping secrets! They bought me some presents a few days ago and they didn't say a word about them even while I was opening them! They bought me a new shovel, a tea kettle (!) and a new nozzle for watering the plants. Then we went to lunch at Corvette Diner. They had fun eating the red chips and drinking chocolate shakes with sprinkles in it. Why not! It's only a few times a year that we get to have treats llike that! We played in the backyard in the afternoon and had Nanny here for dinner. They love to have Nanny chase after them playing "monster". After dinner we had our nightly routine of baths, night snacks, brushing teeth and reading books. On her way to bed, Hannah peeked in at me with the baby and said, "Happy Mother's Day" with a big smile on her face. That was so sweet, I hope I remember it forever!

No comments: