Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hair cuts...

OK...It's official...I'm a 'real' stay-at-home Mom. I cut my kids hair today. We have been going to a kids hair salon since Ben was 18 months old and really liked the hairstylist, but she went out on maternity leave and decided not to return to work (how dare she?!). Since then we have tried many of the ladies in that salon and each time we have had to go back because they missed some hair or it was cut crooked. So I thought that I couldn't do much worse than they do. It was fun...for me.
The kids did very well sitting patiently while I tried my hand at shearing them. Hannah was very excited to have me cut her hair. She jumped in the chair and was a good little client! She really hadn't liked the lady with the loud laugh, black pooffy hair and long red fingernails...scary!

And as for how I did? Well, cutting boys hair is much harder than it looks, while Hannahs was straight across. How could I mess that up? Well, I did. They both came out a bit crooked but I think I did pretty well ...for my first time!

(I'd post pictures but sadly no pictures were taken and my computer has crashed so pictures aren't coming to the blog for a while...until my laptop gets fixed...hope that is very soon!!)

No comments: