Saturday, July 22, 2006

HOT...


Yep. That says 103F. Outside, on our patio, in the shade at 12:00pm (noon!) Holy hot chile peppers!! Today I thought I was going to melt. We could only hang outside for about a half an hour at a time. With sweat dripping from our temples, our clothes would stick to our bodies. Thank goodness for our air conditioning! It gave us quite a bit of respit today.

The older kids went to Nannys house today, swimming in the pool and for a dip in the jacuzzi (I hope it wasn't on hot!) On their way home they stopped at Wendy's for a chocolate frosty, yum! What a treat! Later on we went to Home Depot to sweat some more. We bought a few things.

When we got home, we couldn't take it anymore.

"Want to go outside and spray each other with my new hose nozzle?" the kids jumped up and down "Yay! Yeah!" while undressing (they love being nekked while running outside in the back yard). So I screwed the nozzle on and started spraying them. Ben got ahold of the hose and ran after Corey, soaked him. Hannah wanted a little sprinkle so we made it rain on her. Ben got the hose again and ran after me laughing an evil laugh, all the while I screamed and tried to escape the cold water. Running around the backyard in circles. Why was I running away? I thought that it'd be much more fun for the kids if they saw their Mom screaching like they do running around the grass. And it was...so much fun, to just not care anymore about my clothes getting soaked, dinner not being ready and the heat! We weren't hot anymore and we let off a lot of steam in a fun way.

So, yeah...it was hot today.

No comments: