Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Psst...

We went to the dentist yesterday morning. The kids, for their check-ups, and I, for my crown. Ben and I were called in around the same time. They got him all settled in the chair and in the room and then took me to mine, right next door. He did wonderful, every once in a while I'd hear the hygienist say something in a sing-songy voice back to Ben but no yelps or screams. So all was good.

While I was waiting for my mouth to get numb (not so exciting) Hannah popped in to see me. She made her way all the way back to my room all by herself to see me. She was a little nervous but I kept trying to get her to come closer. All that was different about me that she could see was that bib they put on me. Everything else was normal...oh and I was lying down in that chair. Still she was hesitant but OK. Then the hygienist (who was working on Ben) was ready for her. She glanced over at me and said "I want you to come with me!" tears welling in her big bluish-green eyes. She didn't want to go by herself so they went to get Daddy. She was fine.

They started to work on me as I watched TV on the ceiling. When all of a sudden...

"Psst"

The dentist and hygienist look at each other then towards the door. I turn the volume down because I could feel something happening.

"Psst...Hannah is ready"

It was Ben calling the dentist in to finish examining Hannah so they could leave and have lunch. The office does have a very high tech system with intercoms and buttons, but Ben thought it best to bypass all of that with a little "Psst" to get his attention. Everyone in the office got a good giggle.

No comments: