Sunday, March 01, 2015

Lip balm

I decided to make a lip balm the other day. I have been thinking about doing it for so long and I finally did it today and don't know why it has taken me so long to take the plunge! It was so easy and it took maybe 10 minutes of my day. And the result? Four lip balms tubs and one tube. I'm totally doing it again!

The recipe:
6-7 Tbsp Jojoba Oil (I used Trader Joes, but you can buy it here)
2 tsp Beeswax (buy it here)
1 tsp honey (raw is fine, but you do heat it up)
5-6 drops of Wild Orange Essential Oil (buy it here or I can help you get it at a 25% discount!)

You also need:
A wooden stir stick (I used a kabob stick)
Some containers (here are some, I used these and could have filled 5-6 of them)

Here's how I did it. I mixed the Jojoba oil, honey and beeswax in a "double boiler". It was a glass measuring cup with all the ingredients in it in a small sauce pan with boiling water. Once the ingredients were melted and mixed together I added the Wild Orange oil, mixed together and poured it into my little containers. I actually cleaned out one of Noah's lip balm tubes and re-filled it!

 

Here is the oil, honey and beeswax with my kabob stick as a stirrer. The honey wasn't easy to melt so I mixed it up quite a bit.


All melted and ready to pour.


And poured! I used a little drip on the stir stick I was using and man does it taste delicious! My kids are in love with this lip balm! Let me know if you try it, or if you need some of this delicious Wild Orange Essential Oil (really, the best!) I can hook you up!





Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: