Saturday, February 28, 2015

Volunteer growth...

I went out to the garden yesterday and found a cute little sprout. I am pretty sure it's a volunteer pumpkin - a giant pumpkin - since it is growing right where I had pumpkins 2 years ago! I suppose I need to re-think that garden box plan and leave it there. It may get huge!


I also have a huge tomato vine growing in another box, I planted it last August hoping I would get more tomatoes but it hasn't taken off until now. Now it is full of little flowers that are getting fat with fruit. I am so excited about tomatoes, I love growing them! Rebekah eats them right off the vine...red or green, she doesn't care. So I grow a lot of tomatoes every year and make tomato sauce, salsa and put them in salads for most of the year. mmmm...


Thanks for stopping in!

No comments: