Thursday, June 14, 2007

siblings...

Since the day I found out we were expecting Hannah I was thrilled that Ben would have a playmate. And they do play together all the time and I thank God that they have each other every day. They love each other and know each other so well. They know what each other wants and can sometimes verbalize it to us if the other can't. They are starting to do this with Noah too, when we are struggling to find out what he wants, one of them can come in and figure it out right away. They have their games, their favorite activities, their imaginary friends (they both have several) and their fights and squabbles.


Not all days are beautiful and harmonious. On rare days, they bicker and fight all day long. They eventually migrate back to each other only to leave in tears again broken-hearted that the other hurt them. These days can be the end of a planned day and make us go home. They love to be together and play with each other but on those few days they need their own space, and they take it. Sometimes I hear "I don't want to play with you ever again!" or "I'm not going to be your friend any more!" or "--pushed me" or "--'s not being nice" and it's enough to make one's head spin. But at the end of the day, they love each other and can't wait to play together tomorrow.

No comments: