Sunday, June 10, 2007

Tooth fairy...

Tonight the tooth fairy is coming, wanna know why? Because Ben (our first born) lost his first tooth today! I can't believe that we are at this stage already! He has another wiggly tooth in his mouth, and he is determined to get them out.

At his last dental visit, the hygienist announced that he had a 'wiggly' one! How exciting! His tooth was wiggling and he's 5! Wow... So he has been playing around with his tooth for a while (about 5 months) and nothing has happened, except that it has become a bit more loose. So the other day (I think Monday, last week) I noticed that the tooth was turning black. I called the dentist and she said that the tooth was probably dead but that as long as their wasn't any pain that he's OK to wait until his visit next month. So, there is no pain, we're good to wait. She also said that it might be a good idea for him to help it along by wiggling it. He wiggled it all week.

Today he ran home from the park with Daddy and showed me the hole in his mouth and his little tooth! So we got it all ready for the tooth fairy tonight.

Me: What is the tooth fairy bringing you?
Ben: Money!!
Me: Oh lucky you! How much?
Ben: Twenty-five dollars.
[yikes!]
Me: Hmm...I don't know, I'm sure you'll be happy with what you get...!

And off he went to put the little tooth under the pillow. I brought it back to put in an envelope, so it wouldn't get lost. And below is where it ended up!




No comments: