Thursday, November 09, 2006

Shopping...

Every week, sometimes twice a week I go grocery shopping by myself and often to 2 or 3 different stores. I would take the kids with me but I get it done so much faster without them around. I know how it benefits children to go and how much they love it, but still I go alone. Most of the time. A couple times a month Hannah decides (as I'm putting the keys in the ignition) that she would like to go along. She gives me the puppy dog eyes, her bottom lip starts to frown and quiver like seconds before she cries and says "I want to go". So off she goes to get her clothes on or her shoes or her purse and into the carseat she sits. She sings all the way. Different songs for different days. Today the song was about numbers in Spanish in a sing songy tune.

Hannah loves grocery shopping. She has a bounce in her step throughout the store and is talk talk talking the entire time. She has Mommy's undivided attention time and is a mighty big helper. The other shoppers are quite amused by her energy as they dodge her quick steps in the aisles. She has been to the stores enough times that she is getting to know where the products are and which ones she can pick up herself. She's such a big girl.

It's nice to have a shopping companion/helper.

No comments: