Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Nursing...

Yes, Noah is still nursing, yes it is painful now that I’m 6 months pregnant and has been so since day one of this pregnancy. Well, I’ve decided that when he is 3 years old that he needs to stop. I’m not the type of person who can tandem nurse. I know several Mama’s who have tandem nursed but I know myself. I’ve given it LOTS of thought and going back and forth because Noah is such a great nurser, I’ve never had any problems with nursing with him. This is not an easy decision to make.

Anyway, I’ve been telling Noah that when he’s three that he is going to be big enough that he doesn’t need to nurse anymore. I think I’ve said it enough that he won’t be shocked and upset. I also think he’s mature enough to understand. He’s only nursed to sleep for the last 6-7 months so it’s our last “nursie” until he’s done. Tonight the kids and Daddy got home from being at Nanny’s (while I teach my Bradley class) and Noah had fallen asleep. Daddy got him into bed (he was already changed into his pj’s) and that was that. No nursing.

I kind of feel weird about it because tomorrow is his birthday, he’ll be that magic age of 3 and he knows that he won’t be nursing then. I expected tonight to be the last night, maybe I’m caught off guard. So here’s the beginning to the end? I don’t know how things will pan out in the next few days, weeks or months. I’m really hoping that I am making the right decision.

No comments: