Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hike...

We went on a little hike today. We met up with another Mom and her little girl and started hiking. We usually don't hike with anyone else but I thought we'd invite others to share the experience with. We were headed on one trail but it turned out to be a construction zone so we headed the other way (luckily there were two directions). The first way had a lot of poison oak and I was so nervous about the kids getting any on them. I was glad to get out of it. We headed down the trail and noticed that there wasn't any poison oak at all (well maybe a couple small spots) to worry about and that made it much more enjoyable for me. Ben and Hannah were troupers and walked all the way. I was impressed that they never asked to stop for a snack too! Noah was a little crabby and walked most of the way but when we were all tired he demanded for me to carry him. I did not have the Ergo because I haven't had to use it in more than 6 months (since we were camping). So, needless to say, my arms were tired and sore from carrying him all the way back to the car. We found a little pool of water and the kids stopped to throw rocks in it. There were little fish inside too but nothing too big. Ben carried the map and tried to figure out where we were on it. He loves to read maps!

On our way back to the car, we stopped under a giant oak tree for a rest. It was a great morning, beautiful weather, great company and a nice hike.

No comments: